If your game crashes for some reason, or you find some other general problem that doesn't relate directly to some data file or other content for which there is already another thread, write about it in here and we'll see about getting it fixed.
If applicable (error/crash), be sure to attach a copy of run.log to your post, and a description of what you were doing / was happening at the time of the error. Even better would be an inclusion of steps to repeat the problem, if it's not already obvious.
Damn, I was hoping to not see anything in this thread for a while
Massive collapse of buildings with contents I've tested before, but maybe I've since changed something that could cause that error. It has to do with the rubble from the upper floor not being placed properly (yes, no overlapping props allowed, and apparently in this case the rubble wasn't displaced properly). Should be easy enough to test again: I get to burn down a bunch of buildings!
This turned out to be an example of the precise thing I was hoping to find by opening the game up to heavy modding and dynamic content through sa.xt. Turns out this fatal error was caused by old displacement code that assumed if it destroyed an object, that space would be empty afterward. Enter special abilities, which can be used to spontaneously create new objects when one is destroyed, as with chests, so the engine was destroying an object (the original chest) before trying to place rubble at that location, but the chest was spawning another prop before the placement actually took place.
Thanks for reporting this one. Took me a bit to figure out because the old code had always worked fine, but now I know I need to go back and check that objects destroyed are actually leaving empty spaces when they're assumed to be...
EDIT: Just released 8.5, which fixes this issue (and a new version of Rookie's Tale to take advantage of the change).
Hate to say it, but seems i found a new one. Problem is, that i can't say, what happened. I tested a little Garrison i created, and suddently i got this error. All i can do is post the logfile and hope it is of any help.
Were you using the new Dijkstra path area view? And were you using it immediately at the beginning of the game before doing anything else? (This gave the error as you started up?)
That's all I can think of for this, since pathfinding has never had any problems before but this error seems to be the game trying to find a way to face from a point where z=1 to another with z=5, which isn't even in the map and seems quite odd.
Depending on your answers maybe I'll need to try and load up your file myself to find out what's really causing it.
I don't even know, what that Dijkstra is. I was only working around the Garrison trying to get to the entrance in one piece. (Those Crossbowmen seem to do a good job). It happened during the enemy movement. I can post the files, but i'm not sure if you'll be able to easily repeat that error.
Ah, by Dijkstra I was referring to the new feature in R8.5: press ctrl-p twice to see the entire area your unit can move to.
If it happened during the enemy turn then that's not it. You've found a genuine error here, but the only way to solve it would be for me to run the mission here, since I've never seen this and it could be part of your map design that's making it more likely--perhaps running it on auto would work if enemies are doing their normal thing?
I updated to 8.5 but got the same error again so here is the 8.5 mod. It's best to load the game i saved, because there i seem to get the error everytime after round 1 or 2 and i made the garrison spawn not very often as it's a 3x3 and therefore uses a lot of space.
Found it. Took about 1 minute... You have an error in your script! See line 115 of cataclysm_spawning.xt: your commander is allowed to wander outside the map. Partially my fault because I never even checked that coordinates are within map bounds, but I'm trying to do as little as possible on this eventually-to-be-replaced system.
Nice garrison by the way! Check F2 of your NE section though; looks like it's missing a bit of roof there.
Post by Aves Dominari on Feb 14, 2013 18:01:58 GMT -5
I was playing ARRP for a while (a thousand aliens is quite a few of them), and I realized that none of the grenades were working when I tried to bring a sectopod down with a brick of HE. Alien grenades, normal grenades, HE... proxy greandes work, but none of the other ones do.